1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y7/y8 questions

Discussion in '96-00 Civic' started by 2000CivicHatch, Aug 4, 2006.

1. kawasaki9r

kawasaki9r New Member

Start a Conversation
    Track Day

Guys,

Now I have the Blox IM on my del sol, I figured I would pick up some time at the track, but it didn't seem like that is the case. It feels flat around the midrange, at least in my mind and my best time with the stock IM was 17.79 but the best I could muster this time was 17.92.

There are a few other factors that might play into it, like maybe it was a bit warmer out, but it was still in the 60 degree range Friday night. Also, the oil change I did last was with a thicker oil, but all in all, I found that I didn't get any major gains.

Anyone have ideas on what I might tweak to get the power gain that I think should be there?:help:

2. Undrstm8ed™

Undrstm8ed™ New Member

Start a Conversation
    Im not sure your whole setup but just to give you a brief description of my setup.

92 Civic Cx hatchie.
    Engine;
    -D15b7 block
    -D16y8 head
    -D16Z6 I/M with B18A T/B
    -ZC JDM Close ratio trans (Yes with the Hydro OEM L.S.D.)
    -ACT Streetlight 11lb lightened Fly/OEM Stock Honda clutch

All things said and done 10.8:1 compression

Body;
    -Removed frnt/rear impact beams
    -Removed Air cond. up to firewall
    -Removed ALL oem sound deadner
    -Removed Rear seat/Spare/tools/jack
    -Removed OEM "pleather seats" replaced with lightweight Tenzo DTM buckets (68lbs with brackets VS. 28lbs minus brackets, (Noticable weight loss)
    -Carbon fiber hood

Suspension/Chassis;
    -Tenzo Springs
    -KYB AGX (all 4 corners)
    -COMPLETE ES bushing kit, (Every bushing but the Lg rear trailing arm bushings were done and the two upper motor mounts)
    -PasswordJDM 3pt frt bar

Brakes/wheels;
    -Upgraded to larger SI Hubs (lgr bearings take more abuse than the smaller Cx/dx ones)
    -Si Calipers and rotors are needed (leaves more options for front brakes too)
    -Stock 14 in steelies with Yokahama A032's at the time

misc;
    NGK plugs and wires, Spoon radiator cap/T-stat w/Aluminum Rad, Samco hose Rad kit, P28 ECU, Re-pinned OBD II dizzy, Short shifter with 280Gr weighted shift knob. Skunk2 ADj cam gear

Car was at its best moments making 14.54 passes. Not fast by any means but definitely a lot of fun. If your in a coupe your already 300-400lbs heavier than i was to start. Stock Cx hatchie with Air Cond. is 2094 lbs i was WELL under that.

I shoulda had the ECu chipped, theres still a few things i would have done differently and will on my next civic hatchie. I miss her now

not alot done as far as engine mods, only thing really done internally was light hone, new rings, OEM head gasket with Middle layer removed to increase compression