1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91' civic si

Discussion in 'Introductions - Come say Hi !' started by mackaveli, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mackaveli

mackaveli New Member

Start a Conversation
    hey jdm, new to the forum and just got a new (to me car).
    it's a 91 civic si, 5spd all stock, for now. I wanna lower it but not too much that i have to completley avoid certain parking lots etc, and just wondering what the best sounding exhuast you guys recommend for a deeper sound rather then a loud annoying ricer sound.
    it's dirty in the picture :nono:
    [​IMG]

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Welcome to JDMChat.com, you have a good platform as there are many aftermarket parts for the EF model Civics. If you want a nice sound from your Civic, you should start with a K&N intake kit. It will instantly give that car a deep throaty sound. As for exhausts, there aren't too many high end bolt on exhausts made for your car (ie HKS, GReddy, APEXi etc.) so you may have to look around for something that you may like.

3. mackaveli

mackaveli New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks Daniel, just wondering how much the K&N cold intake would cost and the best place to get it? I'm a complete "noob" when it comes to aftermarket parts and installation.

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i'm not sure what exhaust kits are available for your car, but if you have to go the custom route and get one fabricated, I hear the Apex'i WSII muffler is nice sounding without being loud and raspy. A lot of online shops sell aftermarket mufflers if you aren't able to find the full exhaust kit. Magnaflow is pretty decent as well. :) As for the intake, I would check out the K&N web page to locate a local dealer. If there aren't any in your area that sell the intake kit, there are a plethora of online shops that can cater to your aftermarket parts needs. :)