1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

konichiwa

Discussion in 'Introductions - Come say Hi !' started by Deibidosan, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i am an american civilian JDM freak living and working in sasebo japan. in america i was deeply involved with the Honda tuning scene. but before i left the states i was able to do some work on an impreza of a good friend, and that was what made me get a Subaru Legacy when i moved here. and the fact that i now have a baby and a large dog, i needed the wagon for the extra space. its a 98 GT VDC twinturbo. so its still kinda fast. but not quite as fast as my LS EG w/ type r tranny. as of about 2 weeks ago my wife encouraged me to start a JDM import business. and we are now buying quite a few EG parts. however still in its infancy, things look promising! i will post pics of my legacy later. this is me waist deep in a hatch getting the gathers rear speakers! lol! 06-07-08_16-58.jpg
    06-07-08_16-58.jpg

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Welcome to the JDMC. Glad you joined and that's really a great idea to get in the industry you love. I too have been doing import goods from japan for over 7 years now. Where exactly is Sasebo? Lets see the pictures of the Legacy and your dog too!

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    isn't there like a Navy Base in Sasebo? I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan @ Kadena for two years and I loved it. Wish I could go back. Oh, do you guys get any parts for EK Civic Ferios between the years 96-98? I've been trying to find a good pair of power folding mirrors for my 97 sedan, as well as either some type-r headlights, or SiR headlights. Just thought I'd inquire.=) Also, welcome to JDMC, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Aloha.=):)

4. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    welcome!!

and good luck with the import business

5. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    here is my legacy, im just about to die to get a set of Advan RS Racing 18" gold or black. i need to get some sus too, but with a baby riding in it every day it needs to be a little softer than i would like. not to menton the huge dip that i have to take sideways as it is to get home. i really dont like that liberal front bumper, and have been looking for a used STI factory one. might have to get an S401 with the lip. now that i might be making some money from the car parts i might be able to finally do the things that i want to. well i live on Higashihama (mountain name) in Sasebo. and yea theres a navy base here which makes it nice. i can still have some american friends here. left all my true friends in states. but they are planning a trip soon. and heres a pic of the dog too. Addy. we brought her with us when we moved. 13 hours from chicago to osaka. shes a trooper! lol! lived in osaka for 16 days while addy was in quarentine. visited Signal Auto. heres a pic of me and the manager, who seems to be in alot of JDM videos. he is the nicest guy, he gave me a bunch of free stuff and took me on the presidents tour of the whole facility. next time my father in law lets us go on vacation i want to go back to tokyo and see the honda museum and Spoon Sports/Type One. well enough rambling, enjoy the pics. pic4jdmc.JPG

addy4jdmc.JPG

picforjdmc.JPG
    pic4jdmc.JPG addy4jdmc.JPG picforjdmc.JPG

6. catsman72

catsman72 New Member

Start a Conversation
    welcome to jdm chat thats awesome that you are starting a jdm busniess in japan good luck with it. you need to post a pic of the Legacy on here.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    welcome to the site. hope your business goes well. nice car btw.

8. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    WoW! I'd love to meet the owner of Signal Auto! I'd also love to take a trip to Japan! WoW! Welcome to the site man, and enjoy your stay!

9. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Poor Addy, 16 days in Quarantine! Thats 112 days in dog time! If you get the chance, hope you can post some experiences you have had in Japan and photos in the "All Things Japan" Forum. Glad to have you here.
    -Daniel

10. jdmCD7accord

jdmCD7accord New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah man welcome to the sight, were can i contact you for parts?

11. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    sorry daniel, sasebo is in the nagasaki prefecture on the lower island of kyushu. sasebo is on the west side of kyushu. its pretty nice here. palm trees and beaches. i think the lowest temp we had last winter was like 40 F. but im from MO so the winters there are pretty harsh. there we had temps like sub 0. well anyway ill have to post some more pics of signal auto and alot of other very interesting things. as far as the parts go right now im still looking around to just find parts. so when i find a car that has good parts i get as much as i can. so as i get stuff i will let everyone know:)

12. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i miss palm trees and beaches. I feel you on the harsh winters in the U.S., I live in north dakota right now, and last winter it got deathly cold, and I'm Hawaiian, so I was dying, because my job requires me to be outside almost all day. I went from tropical Hawaii, to tropical Okinawa, to North Dakota. someone higher up in my chain of command must hate me. heheh. nice subie by the way bro, and that's awesome you got to meet the folks at signal auto. i have Japan envy. good luck with the business. =):rocks:

13. RARE_EG2

RARE_EG2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    welcome to jdmchat..youre lucky:eek:

14. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    opprotunity

its not about luck EG2, its about opprotunity. i had the opprotunity to move here. so i took advantage of that!:rocks: and i say to anyone on here who is in the navy, try as hard as you can to come here! 2 really cool things stand out in my mind as why you should come here. cars, hot as hell japanese hotties! anyone who has ever been to japan will tell you, hot chics everywhere! no lack of those! and cool cars. and you get abroad pay! dude, if i was in the navy i could have any car i want, and, AND have the very real opprotunity (theres that word again) to bring it back to the states when i got out or got new orders. oh well, thats just imo! :) and thank you to everyone who gave a warm welcome to me and complimented my car! thank you! :)

15. pyork03

pyork03 New Member

Start a Conversation
    DUDE your business is so gonna fail. DOH wait, I hope it doesnt because then I fail too. Im telling Sachi you are looking at all the hotties over there, by the way you better have some for me when I come visit soon. :rocks:

16. Riceball

Riceball New Member

Start a Conversation
    Nice subaru and good luck with the business. I lived on Yokota Air Base, Japan when i was younger. Too bad i wasn't into cars back when i was a pre-teen otherwise i woulda went to those cool jdm places in tokyo :(. I wanna go back to japan!