1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet Another Del Sol Owner.

Discussion in 'Introductions - Come say Hi !' started by imm0rt41, Jun 29, 2006.

1. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Actually, I got two if you wanna get all technical. My daily ride is a bone stock 1993 EH6 automatic (lol). This was actually the first car i have ever owned and I've wrecked it twice now. Love it too much to let it go. The weekend car I mess around in is actually just purchased. It's a 1995 EG1 with a Y7/Y8 minime with a blown headgasket. Currently rebuilding it, but when I bought it I was just looking for a shell anyway so a couple bills into rebuilding a d-series so I can play with the car aint a bad thing.

But yeah, as you can see I love my cars a bit too much (Ramen diet for the freaking win!) but I guess that's why we're all here, eh?

Finally, Jimmy made me do it!:poke:

The daily (now has a red JDM front bumper):
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_imm0rt41_Del_20Sol_P1161282.jpg
    The trackwhore (pic taken by previous owner--advan decals are gone now):
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_imm0rt41_Del_20Sol_P1010002.jpg

Comments/criticisms/suggestions always welcome:eek:hsnap:

ESIT: I apologize for the choppiness on the second pic, seems the tables have stretching limits :p
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_imm0rt41_Del_20Sol_P1161282.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_imm0rt41_Del_20Sol_P1010002.jpg

2. 2000gsr

2000gsr New Member

Start a Conversation
    Welcome to the site and nice trackwhore.

3. Miko

Miko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ahhh....welcome Lane.....glad you could finally join us!

4. RARE_EG2

RARE_EG2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    welcome big baller with 2 del sol's:thumbup: ..so i see i got blamed for it..thanks Lane:tongue:

5. DR-MVP

DR-MVP New Member

Start a Conversation
    bienvenido i gotta say that first pic of the del sol on the mountains is famous.

6. jdmable

jdmable New Member

Start a Conversation
    Welcome and nice rides.

7. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well she aint running at the moment since I want to take the time to rebuild the motor right since I have to drive it a lot in the coming months, but she's got a lot of potential!

Yeah, with my double work schedules it's tough to find time, but I managed to get a few hours away from everything and instead of doing something life-changing I signed up for JDMC :p

Well we can't blame it all on Miko, can we? I'll only be a balla once I get your CF hood, that thing is clean as hell! My goal is to have the trackbitch up and running a week before CRXpo so I can get everything squared away to drive out there. Gonna be an awesome weekend regardless of the car I bring though!

I wouldn't call it famous, just whored to no end. It's the result of only having enough time to do the wrenchwork and not the photowork :(

Thanks man, they're coming along slowly but surely!

Thanks for the welcomes guys, seems like a cool little community here!

8. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice cars....i thought about getting my friends indentical 95 del sol si.....thinking about it cause id have to fix it up...drivetrain is going or grinding bad....but anyways enough rambling on about me....where you from?

and lastly

Welcome to the site

9. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm from AZ actually. If I were you I'd pick me up a project del sol. They're great cars if you take the time to give them the work they need. As you can see by users like RARE_EG2 and CLUTCHONE there are some sick things you can do with a del sol! =D

10. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    yea...im stuck b/t that, an eg, ek, or crx lol...i really like me the ek and eg lol...too many decisions...plus i have to sell my 92 accord first and still have a working car for my fiance to drive lol...so yea...

should hit me up on aim: Thrule01
    and we can talk about the sols...though i wont be home till after work....on lunch break atm lol...

11. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    What you do is sell the Accord to the fiance and buy the Del Sol. That way you have a nice family car and a great go to work/weekend fun car. Besides, a del sol can go topless gotta love that!

12. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    lol shes broke and im taking care of the car situation until she sells her POS car and buys her a new one....i pay insurance and she pays all the house bills...its a fair trade so lol...plus the belts are coming up in the future so dont wanna dump 1k...

13. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    If you change the belts yourself it isn't anywhere near 1k to do it! Or you could do what I did and find a shop that will give you the homie hook up if you get them the parts to do it. Either way sounds like you got your priorities set!

14. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah...i have to sell the accord to someone so i can pick up his car....if a car grinds thru every gear and recently has had a clutch changed (previous owners before him had it for like 4-5 months and he has had it for 2-3 months)...do you think that its the clutch or the tranny...it started with 1st and then slowly worked its way to each gear....what you think?...cause id have to replace that along with a hood...and fix a dent in the passenger door and passenger quarter panel/bumper.....lol plus the car has like 178k miles...

15. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Mileage is really high and that sounds like it could be a tranny problem with the grinding. If it's an Si though it has a D16Z6 (or some VTEC d-series) stock so it shouldn't be too hard to get a replacement assuming your friend hasn't swapped it. The body damage shouldn't be too too bad to fix, though that depends on how bad it is.

I'd double check the clutch install though just to be sure that isn't the cause for the grinds.

16. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    its the stock motor...the d16z6...new tranny is like 1500 installed w/ 3 year warranty...and i would pick the car up for 2k...lowest kbb valve it showed was 2300 but with all the work it would take....yea...

17. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah, that is a ton of work...I dunno man. Reason I picked up my second one is because i needed a shell to build a track car from. Sure it had a motor with a blown headgasket, but since I was looking for a shell with suspension it's all good. Just gotta think about what you will need to do to get it where you want it and go from there =D

18. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    just looking for a decent car to fix up a lil...have a nice lil amount of power (enough to get me in trouble an then some), and just as a toy to drive in addition to my daily driver....but im thinking about just selling both cars and getting a rsx-s, s2k, or an EK/EG...insurance is my only concern....still have a few months left till a wreck drops off...(sept to be exact)...plus i just bought this del sol like 2 months ago lol....

19. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    oh didn't know you had it already. Since that's the case, what's taking so long on the restoration? :p

20. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    lemme rephrase

i currently own 2 cars
    my del sol and my 92 accord

looking to buy a 2nd del sol
    my friends...

same color make model year etc...

that help? lol and man has this gone way :eek:fftopic:

oh well lol